Case Study: Food and Beverage Company
A premium bottled water brand that is characterized by sustainable manufacturing processes employed LAC’s intelligence services to analyze the potential local demand for the product and develop a promotion and sales strategy, such as naming, branding, and packaging that allows the company to obtain the greatest gains and profitability index.
The company, that is dedicated to promoting health and well-being through the creative offer of high-quality premium bottled water, sought to know and analyze the potential market, as well as identify the points of sale based on the target market (which values the differentiators that the brand offers) in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (AMG). Additionally, the company wanted to employ the strategy of naming, branding and packaging the brand in a manner that is appropriate to the tastes, preferences, and interests of consumers. In order to achieve this, both a strategy and a financial projection needed to be developed based on market analysis and the flow of spending from promotional activities.
An extensive analysis of the market was carried out that first thoroughly described the characteristics of the target market, both quantitative (demographic characteristics such as age, gender, SES, etc.) and qualitative (consumption habits, preferences, purchase motivators, etc.). Subsequently, the number of consumers in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (AMG) was calculated, as well as the estimated monthly consumption of this type of high-end bottled natural water product, using these figures the size of the industry was projected. Finally, the target market was located in the AMG in order to apply promotional tactics only in these sites and therefore increase the effectiveness of the client’s initiative. In addition, a financial projection was generated based on both the market analysis and the flow of spending on promotional activities, the company’s other fixed operating costs, and the initial investment. After completing this, the client was assisted in developing a summary of the project to obtain capital from investors, through which the key elements of the identity of the brand were consolidated, such as naming, branding, and packaging, using as a reference relevant trends and the market intelligence, to inspire confidence in potential investors.
- Determination of the market niche: inhabitants of the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (AMG), of both sexes, and of AB and C+ socioeconomic levels, who are interested in buying the product.
- Points of sale: 739 possible points of sale were identified: 20 large-scale tourist hotels, 17 boutique hotels, 10 economy and limited-service hotels, 14 private hospitals, 10 specialized beauty clinics, 52 high premium restaurants, 97 low premium restaurants, 18 intermediate premium restaurants, 127 cafes, 36 bars, 8 nightclubs, 37 beauty and spa centers, 31 fitness centers, 12 sports clubs, 9 golf courses, 27 schools and universities, 16 corporate offices, 7 furniture stores, 32 wine stores, 37 delicatessen stores, 86 health food and nutrition stores, 23 luxury car dealership, 20 department stores, 29 luxury jewelry and watch stores, 18 high luxury premium stores, 35 medium luxury premium stores, 26 casinos.
- Advertising and promotion: in addition to locating the most strategic points of sale in line with the target market, various promotion strategies were analyzed together with their level of investment and impact.
- Design: the research showed that the ideal design for premium line products was minimalist, combining a solid main color with secondary colors in neutral tones and a matte finish.
The training was provided for the client in order to familiarize them with the financial projection data, so that they could communicate and present the most relevant business data to the investors, emphasizing the differentiators of identity, product, and communication with consumers. The client was also supported in the installation and configuration of administrative platforms in the cloud, for the storage of all the components and tools, both of the marketing plan and the operational process, therefore enabling the client to operate in the most effective manner. Finally, using all of the results obtained, a set of techniques and strategies was formulated that brought forth the proper identity of the brand and the product (branding, naming, and packaging).
If your company is in the food or beverage industry, with a LAC promotion and sales strategy you can:
- Promote your product and brand, in order to increase sales.
- Identify the points of sale and their geographical location.
- Determine the market niche.
- Attract the attention of suitable customers.
- Know the potential and analyze the demand.
- Develop and evaluate promotional tools.
- Recognize the competitors in the area to offer an innovative and quality service.
- Identify areas with similar behaviors and markets.
- Design techniques and strategies for the development of the name, branding, and packaging of a brand.
- Receive support in designing the appropriate identity.
Click to download the original PDF